General Orders and Supplements
Summary of New Versions Lodged to this Website for the Week
Victorian Legislation Update (VLU)
As at 1 December 2018 this report will be discontinued. Any feedback should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commencement Information Acts
Commencement Information Statutory Rules
The following publications list commencement details for all Statutory Rules. They include date of making, commencement dates, provisions not yet in operation, sunset dates, authorising Acts and Government Gazette details. They are updated every Thursday (resources permitting) if changes have occurred during the previous week.
Commencement Information for Statutory Rules 1989 to 2018
Commencement Information for Statutory Rules for 2019
Current year Acts
Current year Statutory Rules
Acts currently in force
Statutory Rules (SRs) currently in force
Cumulative Acts and Statutory Rules Tables (Hard Copy)
Cumulative Acts Tables are published annually as at 1 January. This publication includes:
- an alphabetical and chronological listing of all current and repealed Acts, including repealing information
- a list of unrepealed Principal Acts, including information about Ministerial responsibility
- an alphabetical listing of Acts according to Ministerial responsibility, and
- an alphabetical list of current Acts and their amendment history as at 1 January.
Cumulative Statutory Rules Tables are published annually as at 1 January. This publication includes:
- an alphabetical listing of unrevoked Principal Statutory Rules providing details of reprint status (note that reprints ceased from 1 January 2019 with the introduction of print on demand for all latest, current, authorised Principal public Acts and Statutory Rules).
- an alphabetical listing of current Statutory Rules, their authorising Acts and their amendments as at 1 January.
To purchase Cumulative Tables, please contact LitSupport/TIMG, Level 10, 575 Bourke Street, Melbourne Vic. 3000. Telephone (03) 8621 6767 or email VicLegislation@timg.com.
Legislative Process Handbook
Guide to Preparing an Explanatory Memorandum and Template
Notes for guidance for the preparation of Statutory Rules
Penalty and Fee Units