General Orders and Supplements
Summary of New Versions Lodged to this Website for the Week
Victorian Legislation Update (VLU)
Commencement Information Acts
The following publications list commencement details for all Acts. They include assent date, commencement dates and provisions not yet in operation. They are updated every Thursday (resources permitting) if changes have occurred during the previous week.
Pre 1958 Commencement Book Acts
Act Commencement Information from 1958 to 2018
Act Commencement Information for 2019
Commencement Information Statutory Rules
Current year Acts
Current year Statutory Rules
Acts currently in force
Statutory Rules (SRs) currently in force
These lists are updated every Thursday (resources permitting) if changes have occurred during the previous week.
Current Principal Statutory Rules and Amendment History
Reprints of Principal Statutory Rules as at 31 December 2018
Authorising Acts for Principal Statutory Rules
Cumulative Acts and Statutory Rules Tables (Hard Copy)
Cumulative Acts Tables are published annually as at 1 January. This publication includes:
- an alphabetical and chronological listing of all current and repealed Acts, including repealing information
- a list of unrepealed Principal Acts, including information about Ministerial responsibility
- an alphabetical listing of Acts according to Ministerial responsibility, and
- an alphabetical list of current Acts and their amendment history as at 1 January.
Cumulative Statutory Rules Tables are published annually as at 1 January. This publication includes:
- an alphabetical listing of unrevoked Principal Statutory Rules providing details of reprint status (note that reprints ceased from 1 January 2019 with the introduction of print on demand for all latest, current, authorised Principal public Acts and Statutory Rules).
- an alphabetical listing of current Statutory Rules, their authorising Acts and their amendments as at 1 January.
To purchase Cumulative Tables, please contact LitSupport/TIMG, Level 10, 575 Bourke Street, Melbourne Vic. 3000. Telephone (03) 8621 6767 or email VicLegislation@timg.com.
Legislative Process Handbook
Guide to Preparing an Explanatory Memorandum and Template
The guide has been designed to assist the preparation of the explanatory memorandum for a Bill. It describes the process for preparing and finalising an explanatory memorandum and the purpose of an explanatory memorandum. It also sets out examples, information and tips about how to write clause notes, including information about how much detail is required and the expectations of the Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Committee.
The guide contains a template that instructors should use to prepare an explanatory memorandum in the correct format and style.
Guide to preparing an explanatory memorandum July 2014.pdf
Notes for guidance for the preparation of Statutory Rules
Penalty and Fee Units
The address for the Victoria Government Gazette is http://www.gazette.vic.gov.au/.